Saturday, April 30, 2016

Games

April 21, 2016
I wonder how many people own four Scrabble games. You can see where our recreational priorities lay.  The oldest came from Grammy, who taught me how to sew.  I can't think of anything that impressed me more than learning how to stitch something with right sides together, then turn it inside out and *poof*.... magic!  She taught me to embroider - the green corduroy scrabble bag was the first thing I ever sewed. Grammy's letter bag has words on it (lined, no less) and I always thought that was a brilliant choice of fabric.  I loved that April also had two Scrabble games - one for home and one for the cottage. In one of her boxes was a list of 2-letter words that her Aunty Lil had made. Emma humoured us by playing now and then, but she never was a word nerd - much to our disappointment.

AI = sloth
XI = 14th letter of the Greek alphabet
EN = for typography
EL = rail
KI = chi
EM = for printing
DO
RE
MI
FA
SO
LA
TI
DO

3 comments:

  1. This was a terrific fake journal. You have an eye for designing pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle... I'm still going. Just am slowed down with other priorities. I'll finish it yet!

      Delete
  2. Such a bittersweet journal...almost motivates me to do some sorting and purging!! great idea for a journal...draw stuff 'before you dispose of it' as your fake character...love your drawings...interesting observation about the 'tightness' of your drawings. ♥

    ReplyDelete